3.09.2010

Online Dating

I think it's the wave of the future. I say that jokingly but I think people are finally starting to accept that it is not as "creepy" and "weird" as people have made it to be in the past. I mean it's actually rather simplistic and more effective if you ask my opinion.

Boy and girl sign up for a website. Boy and girl put in what they "think" they want in a mate. A "match" occurs and either he sees her or she sees him and someone winks at, tags, emails, or IM's the person and conversation begins.

Usually people are on their best behavior in this setting and conversing you get a chance to talk to them where there is no strain AND you are relaxed ... did I mention you get to do this from the comforts of you own home. To me that is perfection.

I'm not saying online dating should be the only means to meet people because I think interpersonal communication and interaction are key as humans but I think if you need an boost in your dating life or a way to kind of step outside the box or if you are a busy professional (such as myself), then trying unconventional methods are always a good option. I mean what is there to lose? You meet someone you get a meal and if it works it works... if not next.

Why is that so different from dealing with the guy you met at the club who noticed you for your physicalities, or the guy in the grocery store that noticed your smile, or the guy at the networking event that liked the way you presented yourself. Aren't you doing all of those same things online? But just buying some more time before meeting one on one and getting to read his bio and what he thinks about himself (because online dating is really about self promotion and how good you can pitch yourself too).

I'm all about dating, by any means necessary. Do what you have to do to have fun, meet new people and find the right person for you.


Some of the girls on here are going to try it out. We'll let you know how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment